Saturday, August 22, 2009

WHAT'S AHEAD ?

MONTROUIS BEACH

It's Sat. morning and I'm sitting in the dining room at New Life Childrens Home in PAUP writing this blog and drinking good Haitian coffee. In about four hours I will be somewhere over the Caribbean heading back home. Once home I have a tight schedule of completing a new addition onto a house and getting it finished in time to get back to Haiti in early November. I'm not sure what's ahead I just try to follow God's leading, that's not to be taken as I'm planning on leaving missions anytime soon. It's just that I operate under the assumption that God puts people and situations in your in your lives for a reason. Every since coming to Haiti to work as a missionary that has proven so true. I can sense something is in the works from what I've seen this trip , the conversations I've had, the things that have happened and the people I've met lead me to believe God is at work with some sort of new action plan in my life.
When I started GAP go and produce Ministries my thought was one of creating workable partnerships that didn't duplicate the wasteful spending of valuable mission resources. When you have different mission organizations working and living in the same communities they should work together instead of each recreating over and over the same things. The coordinated efforts of bringing organizations together is always on my mind when I meet new missionaries and visit new organizations in Haiti. I actually maintain a vast network of missions organizations and people dating back to my first days in Haiti. When I see the possiblity of putting something together either for my organization or someone else's I make a suggestion and wait to see what happens. I have met some very wonderful people and great organizations this year and now I'm beginning to see some possibilities of " fruit being produced". In God's love , steve

No comments: