Thursday, August 20, 2009

ANOTHER TRIP

Ti Artibonnite
Tomorrow evening will see be back at the New Life Childrens Home in Paup, where I stayed the evening I arrived in Haiti three weeks ago. After so many years of getting up early to catch a plane back to the states ,I recently started going in the night before and having a good nights rest, a leisure several cups of coffee in the morning and a wonderful breakfast before taking the 12 minute ride over to the airport. I'm not going to say that I even came close to accomplishing what I thought I would this trip but I did take care of some long overdue situations that had caused some problems this past year and I got to spend some much enjoyed time with the Binkley's who are going through a difficult medical situation. I also was able to take care of getting Jasmine (Diesmey) relocated back in Montrouis after his recent completion of college . He is now the new G.A.P. Field Director for the Feet Across the Mountains ministry. His responsibilities are assisting the villages we work in and overseeing the varied ministry projects in the mountains. He also may be assisting Bobbi Bender in implementing the infant nutrition program (Medika Mamba) into some of the rural villages we work in. We also had two teams during my three weeks here so all in all considering the intense heat and humidity it was a good trip. In God's love, steve

No comments: