Sunday, August 9, 2009

SURPRISE

DAVID AND ELONJ

Ok one more wedding blog. I know I said I wasn't going to be able to attend the Sat. morning wedding but plans change quickly here and we always tell our teams stay flexible. I really wasn't planning on duplicating my trip of the previous day for back to back weddings but I got a pleasant surprise late Friday night. Someone knocked on my door about 9:00 pm , it's not unusual to have someone knocking on my door but not often at that time of evening. I yelled out to find out who was there, it was Edgard, so I put on some shorts, I was in my underwear because it is so darn hot here right now and went to the door. I saw 2 guys standing there and at first it didn't register who the second guy was but to my surprise it was Erve. He had just arrived at Canaan specifically to go to the wedding the next morning. So being one of the few people who drives and more importantly owns a vehicle they wanted to see if I would take them up to Liancourt . Those who may not know Erve is a former student and resident from Canaan who is living with my cousin and his family in the states while attending college.
It was a nice small wedding that went very close to on schedule. We were even able to stay for the reception over at the pastor's house. I have know Pastor Gerrard since 2001 so when he saw me at the wedding he asked me to give the closing prayer and blessing on the newlyweds who like Erve had also grown up at Caanaan. We made it back to Montrouis and then it was off to Port au Prince to pick up my team. In God's love , steve

1 comment:

Melissa said...

David & Irlange got married?? Whoa!