Monday, June 8, 2009

The Scuttlebutt

This is the blog site of my friend Lorah Ray and her husband Justin. When I first met Lorah back in 2003 her last name was Styer. Lorah has joined me in Haiti on 4 different occasions, always proving herself a true missionary. In 2005 she went on to do mission training and assignments with Mercy Ships out of Tyler ,Texas.

She and Justin were  married a year ago in May after finishing a 2 year commitment on board a Mercy Ships off the coast of Africa. They tried to settle into the accepted comfort zone of living the life of conventional newly weds. After several months of regular jobs, an apartment, purchasing and consuming, actually owning stuff,  living life for the weekends, holidays, and vacations they felt the pull to go in another direction less traveled. They chose in Lorah's own words a "simpler life so that others might simply live" , they re-enlisted and headed back to Africa with Mercy Ships in Jan of this year. I always enjoy and I'm inspired when I hear from my friends who are doing mission work around the world.  This is one of Lorah and Justin's recent posts. In God's love , steve   

The Scuttlebutt

No comments: