Wednesday, June 3, 2009

A MORNING AT PISGAH NATURE PRESERVE

At the end of April shortly after having arrived home from Haiti for a three month stay in the states I visited the Pisgah Nature Preserve. This is a really neat area about 10-12 miles away from my home here at Tri Lakes. I grew up here  and still live in the lakes region of North East Indiana. This 700 acre preserve is representative of how this lake region looked before the pioneering settlers arrived here in the late 1820's. It encompasses several small connected lakes, marshes and wetlands. The word Pisgah as I understand has to do with the glaciers and the left behind hills of sand deposits. This area abounds with all manner of waterfowl, song birds, pheasants, eagles, osprey , deer, bobcats, coyote, foxes, beavers, muskrats, snakes, turtles and much more. It is a photographer and nature lovers dream spot with the elevated board walks from which you can noiselessly approach the wildlife. I hope my pictures have captured some of the beauty of God's creation that I observed that nice Spring day. In God's love , steve   

A MORNING AT PISGAH NATURE PRESERVE

No comments: