Wednesday, April 15, 2009

WALKING THE WALK

I don't know what it is about flying put it seems to bring the worse out in some people. I wouldn't classify myself as a frequent flyer put I do fly at least 5 times each year and I'm on 30 different flights. Monday and Tuesday were some of those flights, we were actually scheduled to be home on Monday evening but our plane taking us home arrived in Port au Prince 1.5 hours late. We did get as far as Dallas, Texas where the airline had to put us up in a hotel a real blessing when your schedule doesn't go as planned. I'm also always thankful when I'm delayed because of mechanical problems or bad weather usually 2 major causes of crashes.
Yet over the years I have been witness to lots of bad behavior from my fellow flyer's when airlines are doing their best to provide them the safety they expect and take for granted. Even if they had a legitimate reason to be so angry they always take it out on the persons just doing their job who have no control over the situation. I always wonder how many of these people who are being so rude and nasty in public profess to be Christians?
Which takes me to this thought we Christians are all missionaries whether we intend to be or not we bring people to Christ by our positive actions of love or drive them away from Christ because of ways unbecoming of our Christian faith. Difficult times should bring out the best in a Christian " the problem with problems is they're rarely seen as the opportunities God intends for us" a Dave Davison quote .

No comments: