Tuesday, April 21, 2009

IT TAKES TWO FEET TO WALK

WHY PRAY ? a must read

Since my return home last week I've started reading a wonderful little book by John DeVries titled "Why Pray?" . This is one of those seemingly popular in 40 days type of things. Somehow I got messed up today and skipped from day 4 to day 8 and missed three days. I plan on going back tomorrow and getting back on track. Quite possibly God really wanted me to read todays reading for yet some unknown reason instead of on Friday, that's why I'm sharing it with all of you.
I'll be honest with you, I really struggle with prayer. I wish it was easy for me but it's not. I wish I prayed often and regularly but I can easily get sidetracked during a day of being occuppied with what I consider important things to do. I once heard it said if the Devil can't make you sin he can keep you busy , either way he keeps you from fulfilling the purpose God created you for.
GAP go and produce Ministries recently started a new outreach called Feet Across the Mountains as the name implies this minsitry involves lots of walking. That's why today's reading hit home with me, of all God's creation we have a special relationship with Him. We were made to walk with God and communicate with Him through prayer. Prayer is the first part of that process of walking. Think what happens if you plant one foot firmly on the ground and move the other, you proceed to move in a circle. Your working hard but getting no where vour still in the same place as you started.
God gave us two spiritual feet for our walk with him prayer and work . One without the other is not completing the relationship. If you are close to God in prayer then He will give you work to do but if you are unwilling to do the work he will eventually give it to others who are using both feet. On the other hand some of us try to do it all by work. Basically we rely on our own efforts when were not using prayer. We are missing out on the reason God wanted to use us in the first place , having a relationship with Him. Most often we aren't even in the place or purpose God created for us. It takes two feet to walk with God, prayer and work . In order to get anywhere, especially where God wants us, we need to use both feet.

No comments: