Saturday, December 26, 2009

OUT OF CONTACT


It has been a week from this morning that I boarded an American Air flight and returned from nearly six weeks of working in Haiti. People often ask how I keep things straight as I juggle my life between two cultures 2500 miles apart. While in Haiti I continually find myself thinking about my family and friends back in the states as I go about my workday. Upon my return it seems my work in Haiti ( projects, ministries, workteams, friends, employees and staff) constantly streams through my mind like a looping video. This last trip was filled with many wonderful and exciting blessings and it was a great way to bring 2009 to a conclusion. More importantly is that I believe it is announcing (at least to me) a new beginning as I start a second decade of mission work in 2010. It was only fitting that my recent trip to Haiti marked my first two months of being in charge of managing Project Help-Haiti a mission organization working in Haiti since 1967. My time in Haiti was split between Project Help and GAP Ministry as I addressed responsiblities, managed projects, directed teams and ministry work in two locations 30 miles apart. With just a few days left in this year and the new year approaching it is only natural to look ahead . I'm really excited at the possiblilities we have in making a difference in not only the coming year but the next decade. I had hoped to share much of the information and highlights about my time in Haiti with you in my two blogsites but I had constant computer problems which even hampered e-mailing on somedays. So I want to attempt to catch you up in the days ahead and upon my return keep you posted with regular updates. In Gods' love, steve

No comments: