Monday, November 10, 2008

Well I'm back in Haiti after a 3 month absence, I had to get up at 4:00 am this morning to catch a 6:00 flight. That was just one of three that it took to get here in one day,I actually arrived in Port au Prince at 3:40.You could see lots of water still left by the hurricanes that flooded much of Haiti this summer as we flew over some of the hardest hit areas. We drove up the coast and could see another area called Cabere where 60 people lost their lives because of flood waters. In our town of Montrouis the big story is the only bridge across the river is severly damaged, so you have to use a make shift bridge out close to where the river opens into the ocean. We have a large team of 32 people coming right before Thanksgiving to pour a concrete. I think that is the largest group we have ever had ,not sure where they will all sleep yet. I hope to try and post many blogs while I'm here and tonight is sort of a test as we are still fine tuning thebog into the web site. Hopefully in several days I can add pictures once I get some taken. It's been a long day so that' all for now. In God's love , steve

1 comment:

Dennis & Lisa said...

Steve glad to here that you got to Haiti okay we hope that things are going well. Tell everyone that we said hello and that we will see them in January. You may like to hear that Rozzela Vancleave may make the trip to Haiti with us. Well it is snowing here I hope that you enjoying nicer weather. We missed you at the X-mas party, but thank-you for the gift card it was nice but you did not have to do that. Well I guess that I better close for now you are in our thoughts and prayers daily along with Haiti.
Have a blessed day.
Dennis & Lisa